Mix Templates for Ableton Live
Since it’s release in February 2015, the eBook YOUR MIX SUCKS has become an international bestseller that now helps thousands of people around the world to improve their mixes with 10 easy to understand chapters.
Today we are introducing MIX TEMPLE, a collection of mix templates for Ableton Live applying all the exact knowledge and tricks from the book to jumpstart your next mix with readily prepared features.
INTRODUCING MIX TEMPLE
Four universal mix templates you can load into Live as a starting point for your next mix.
is a mix template that does NOT require any third party plugins, it uses the processors that ship with Ableton Live:
all you need is the current version of Ableton Live
has been specifically created for users of Waves Plugins
This is the template for users of the new Slate Digital Mix/Master/FX Bundle
This template has ALL the Waves and Slate plugin-chains setup in one session.
While it’s not required, we also recommend to get the reference plug-in Magic AB by Sample Magic.
If you only own a few (not all) of the plug-ins mentioned, don’t worry – the MixTemple will let you interchange and replace plug-ins by different manufacturers as required. We carefully matched all the starting points and settings to be fully compatible. You will get more value out of the plugins you already own!
• These templates follow 100% the guidelines of the book, so you can always get support from the book while working on your OWN mix!
• Find pretty much everything thats in the book set up as a feature or plug-in chain in these templates!
• Instructions are included in the notepad of Live, and every track in the arrangement comes with useful info to read while you’re mixing.
Additional Bonus Templates for special applications are included:
• Room Measurement
• Analogue Console and Summing Calibration
• Recording and mixing vocals to a pre-mastered backing-track
• OUT NOW
SKIP MOST OF YOUR MACRO MIX PREPARATION
• Common elements of song structures are already pre-labeled for drag and drop to suit your project.
• Navigate each song part with a dedicated key on your numbers keypad.
• Instrument groups and slots for your single tracks are prepared, coloured and labeled.
• Routing with dedicated subgroups, vca-faders and a separate mix- and master bus are already set up and assigned.
• 12 Send/Return FX-busses with lots of previously secret crazy FX chains are already setup.
• All you need to do to get started is DRAG and DROP your audio files from the finder into the template, replace them with the blank audio regions, and you’re ROLLING!
FEATURES FOR YOUR LOW-END & DRUMS
• A sine synth that feeds the drum bus lets you find the important frequencies and corresponding piano notes of your kick quickly: All plugin chains are already in place.
• Bass tracks are prepared to split the bass in mono low-end and stereo information that can be treated separately: Get low-end punch and stereo-width at the same time.
Drum-trigger features are already setup: Get your trigger information for drum replacement without any extra effort.
• Plug-in chains for an acoustic drum-set as well as electronic kick and snare are already set up and routed.
• Parallel processing chains are right there – just duplicate your track to the parallel compression track.
• A dedicated drum group also has it’s own parallel processing feature that can easily be accessed via send/return.
PLUG-IN CHAINS FOR YOUR TRACKS
• It’s all right there and set up for you. There’s a place for every common type of instrument and signal – with plug-in chains set up and ready to go!
• A variety of plug-in chains for vocals provides great starting points. As mentioned above, WITH 12 FX sends set up!
• You can and will of course costumize your plug-in settings to your specific project, but there’s no more thinking about what plug-in to use, and in which order.
• To make things even easier, there are pre-configured tracks for Lead Vocals Male, Female, Rap Vocals, Lead Vocal Doubles and Backing Vocals, plus plug-in chains for parallel processing setups. Every track comes with instruction notes in the Ableton Live Session, and you can also follow each decision with the eBook if you own it.
• Some Instruments are in the way of your vocals? Just send them to a pre-configured mix-group that is sidechained to your lead vocals. That will create some space for your vocal.
• 3D tracks – put some depth and 3D in your mix: Guitars, keyboards, strings, horns etc. can be transformed from a mono track into a wide three-dimensional stereo image that makes space in the middle for your vocals, bass and kick.
GAIN STAGING FEATURES
• Just like you’ve learned it from the book, mix- and master-bus are separated, and you can feed the master-bus with several mix-busses to use multibus-techniques.
COLORS, DYNAMICS & MODULATION
• A large variety of EQs and Compressors will be applied to the different types of tracks. That makes a huge difference compared to just using the same processors on each instrument.
• Lots of ideas for modulation FX are setup (and bypassed) on things like pads, guitars, strings. Just activate these if you feel some life needs to be brought into a track.
• As always, individual notes for each track in Live will remind you about ideas that are already prepared for you and can be applied within a second.
MIX- AND MASTER-BUSSES
• Remember, it’s not one single plug-in or trick that makes your mixes loud, punchy and glue together. Thats why there are some very subtle plug-in chains on the various Mix-Busses. It’s just a matter of going through the notes and activating or bypassing the plug-ins needed, and you’ll get the punch and loudness that you need, without destroying your Master.
ONE YEAR OF FREE MONTHLY UPDATES
• You’ll get fresh updates once a month for an entire year.
- OUT NOW – US $29